ALTA SIX Extender
ALTA SIX Extender is not your typical extender. We utilize 1/4 steel tubing to create a solid system for extending the ALTA bike racks
- Perfect for Sprinters, Econoline, NVs, and Dodges, Transit, and all double door vans
- May not work with all Dodge Promasters, see Q&A page
- Great for truck campers that go over the tail gate
- Get full door opening
- 1/4 inch steel tubing
- Three positions allowing for 9 to 11 inch extension
- Includes an internal and external hitch tightener/ stabilizer for interfacing to the vehicle receiver
- welded on nut on top for the ultimate rack stabilization
- Built in rack stabilizer, using top sided welded nut to stabilize the rack
- Powder coated for durability
- Machined for precision
- Due to extension and additional leverage, tie down system must be engaged with use of extender when loaded with bikes
- Retractable tie down system works great with extender, or use your own ratcheting straps
- Compatible with XL hitch
- Not made for towing
- Not recommended for use with fifth wheels, trailers
- can be flipped to lower rack as well
ALTA SIX Extender is not your typical extender. We utilize 1/4 steel tubing to create a solid system for extending the ALTA bike racks.
Very solid and well built. Helps from swaying and makes it harder to steal.
Todd B. –
The extender allowed me to use the rack with my Ram truck. Now I can lower the tailgate when the rack is upright. Great product!
Bryan F. –
Solid addition to the rack but only had some ugly silver splatter painted one. Looking for alternative swing mount to buy or build.
Adam W. –
William G. –
Super happy with our alta rack and the service we’ve received from Ali. Highly recommend this rack for anyone looking for the sturdiest, easiest-to-use taxi on the market!
Loren Roundy –
The extender for our Alta Six is the complete solution. Full rear door access for our 2019 Sprinter van. The build is durable, matching the sexy look of the entire Alta Six!
Nathan Woolever –
Super fast shipping and item is very solidly made. Best hitch rack extender/riser I’ve ever used!
Jed Atherley –
Peter B. –
Used this on a sprinter van so that I can have full access to the back when the rack is dropped down. Worked like a charm!
BEN B. –
Very solid and stable. Creates the prefect amount of clearance… a must for NV owners.
John Logar –
alot of questions out here in WV about rack. maybe getting you some sales. need beer holder attachment for bottom bar
brian smith –
Only reason I didn’t give 5 stars is because I can’t open both doors on my 2019 low roof Ford transit . Right door opens with an inch or less of clearance but left door does not open . Website states that tow hitch should be flush with bumper but that is not possible on Ford transit unless you weld tow hitch on . The bolt on hitch does not sit flush and is recessed which is causing the issue of door not fully opening .
Doru C. –
Bryan Tremayne –
Easy to work with and great product!
Ian J. –
Worked just as intended with the Alta 5 to allow the tailgate on my 2020 Ram to lower all the way with the rack in place!
Matt D. –
Nicholas L. –